If player level appears to progress at match end, but is reset when the next round begins or when the player checks their stats from the main menu, it is likely that your game client is having trouble reaching the Steam backend where your stats are saved. This also includes those servers (all or in part) being down for some time.
- This issue should clear up over time, but try closing the game and re-launching it to force a new connection
- Try loading a map via the command line console and see if that allows perk progression
- Bring up the console with the key: F3
- Type: Open VNSU-SongBe
- And hit Enter
- Walk around the map for a time, exit, then join an online match
- If the issue persists try doing a steam file refresh - instructions can be found here: https://support.rs2vietnam.com/en/knowledgebase/article/manual-steam-file-refresh
If doing a Steam File Refresh does not fix your issue, it is likely that the Steam stats have become corrupted in the Steam backend (and not locally). The only way to fix this is to reset your stats on Steam. You can trigger this by opening the game console ( ` ) key by default, and typing:
- resetstats "YourSteamNameHereInQuotations"
This will reset all the stats back to 0, but should allow you to progress normally again.