The most common cause of this is corrupt files in the user directory or missing prerequisite files. Please try the following:
your documents/my games/Rising Storm 2/ folder directory completely
(You should also check your steamapps/common/RisingStorm2/ROGame/Config
folder and delete any .ini files that do not start with "default")
- Verify Steam cache. Right-click on RS22 in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > [Verify Integrity]
a deeper verification try deleting your
steamapps/common/RisingStorm2/binaries folder as well as the
/ROGame/BrewedPC/ GlobalShaderCache and LocalShaderCache .bin and .upk
files before you verify integrity
- The game may be trying to
compile shaders if it appears to hang on launch. You can check for
this by looking for a shadercompiler.exe in your Task Manager. If you
find it, waiting for the process to finish should allow the game to
launch as normal.
- Running the .exe redist files located in your SteamApps/common/risingstorm2/_CommonRedist location
- Update any device drivers you have to the latest available
- Make Sure your Windows install is up to date
- Windows 7 users please make sure you have this update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=36805
- Disconnect USB controllers and other HID devices except for keyboard and mouse
- This includes Turtle Beach Headsets - We recommend you contact Turtle Beach Support on this issue
- Restart Steam client
- Launch Steam (or set the game .exe) to launch as an Administrator
- Turn off DxTory
- Change your Steam avatar icon to a Steam default one
sure Easy Anti Cheat has installed properly - If you receive an error
related to RisingStorm2.exe it is likely related to EAC. More details
can be found here: https://support.rs2vietnam.com/en/knowledgebase/article/help-with-easy-anti-cheat-issues
You will also want to try the following launch options (via Steam properties for the game):
users who have a graphics chip built into their CPU from Intel or AMD,
make sure that the game is set to launch with your dedicated GPU via the
video card control panel software that comes with it. The game does
not support CPU graphics chipsets. Nvidia - Follow the instructions below to change the default graphics processor:
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click the Manage 3D Settings link.
- Click the Global Settings tab.
- In the Preferred graphics processor drop down menu, select “High-performance NVIDIA processor).
your Catalyst Control Center has the Switchable Graphics tab go there
and browse to locate vngame.exe and set it for High Performance
the game prompts you to send in a bugsplat error report, please let
it do so. This will help us diagnose and fix the crash (if it isn't
fixed by any of the above). Providing identifying information, such as
an email with the report, will allow us to reach out to users with
potential crash fixes if we believe we have one. We are often not able
to provide any direct support for crashes, and if they continue and you
are within a Steam refund period, we recommend you pursue one.
those who have the 0xc000007b error we are doing further investigation
on this. However we would like users to try reinstalling/repairing
VC C++ Redist 2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
VC C++ Redist 2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632